The Sustainable MBA: The Manager’s Guide to Green Business is printed on FSC paper. On the back cover and on the inside of the book you will see the FSC label showing this.
FSC stands for Forest Stewardship Council and is an international label that allows consumers worldwide to recognise products that promote the responsible management of the world’s forest
– prohibits conversion of forests or any other natural habitat
– respect of international workers rights
– prohibition of use of hazardous chemicals
– respect of human rights with particular attention to indigenous peoples
– no corruption
– follow all applicable laws
– identification and appropriate management of areas that need special protection (e.g. cultural or sacred sites, habitat of endangered animals or plants”
While at work or the next time you are at the supermarket take a look at the labels on the paper, cardboard and wood products you buy. There are many products sold today around the world that have the FSC label. For more information visit www.fsc.org
Two other tools are quite useful for individuals and companies looking to source their wood and paper products from responsible sources.
– WWF/World Bank Global Forest Alliance has published a tool for assessing the comprehensiveness of forest certification systems
– The World Business Council for Sustainable Development’s The Sustainable Procurement of Wood and Paper-based Products Guide and Resource Kit